Tuson Sway Control (TSC-1000)
The Tuson Sway Control (TSC) is the most intelligent electronic sway control system on the market. Our patented asymmetric system (independent left and right side braking) continuously monitors trailer yaw, rapidly identifies a trailer sway condition and applies braking force on one side of the trailer, directly counteracting trailer sway with minimal speed loss and greater stability control. Each TSC comes with a wired red/green LED light to show the functional status of the unit with different flashing modes for diagnostic troubleshooting and is designed to be mounted on the trailer in an easy to see location from your tow vehicle mirrors. The TSC is wired directly into the trailer braking system and automatically adjusts to improve braking effectiveness, and even detect off-road towing conditions.
Fastest Activation and Reaction Time
The TSC measures the angle, travel distance and speed of the lateral motion of the trailer and uses this information to quickly get ahead of the event and apply the brakes on the correct side of the trailer.
Reduces and Quickly Corrects Dangerous Trailer Sway
It has been proven through a series of tests with several major automotive manufacturers that the asymmetric system (left and right side independent braking) is far more effective that symmetrical braking systems.
More Effective than Mechanical Hitches at Reducing Sway During Large Sway Events
Mechanical sway controls have inherent limitations on how much sway they're able to reduce. Smaller amounts of sway can be controlled, but our testing showed little reduction for larger sways. The TSC excels at reducing large sway events,reducing sway by over 33%.
Trailer Sway Brake Level Auto Adjustment
Closed-loop sensory feedback allowing the system to independently increase or decrease the right and left side sway control braking levels to compensate for variances in trailer brake condition/efficiency.
Automatic System Disable in Off-Road Conditions
The module continually monitors the sway sensor to detect and activate during trailer sway. It also is able to determine rough terrain during which it disables sway control braking until exiting the rough terrain at which time the system re-enables
Fully Sealed Water Proof
The system is fully sealed and water proof. It is designed to withstand water from road spray and can even be submerged for short periods of time
LED Status Light
RED/GREEN LED light on a 10 foot cord for mounting in an easily seen location to show the functional status of the unit with different flashing modes for diagnostic troubleshooting.
How it Works
- The TSC continuously monitors trailer yaw.
- It has a proprietary algorithm which is used to determine the difference between quick steering to avoid a road obstacle (or other such circumstances) and the rapid onset of a trailer swaying event.
- It measures the angle, travel distance and speed of the lateral motion of the trailer (and other parameters) and uses this information to quickly intervene with the application of trailer brakes.
- The processing capability of the TSC is powerful and rapid. It captures all the critical elements of the swaying condition and uses this information to predict how the event will proceed without any driver intervention.
- It uses this data to get ahead of the event by applying the brakes on the correct side of the trailer, in a timely manner, with the proper braking level for the required duration.
- This quickly dampens and brings the trailer sway under control.
- Tuson Sway Control Brochure
- Tuson Sway Control Data Sheet
- *UPDATED* Sway Control Installation 10.2020
- Tuson Sway Control DIY Installation Video
- Sway Control Spec Sheet
- Sway Control Performance Comparison
- Sway Control Features and Benefits
- Tuson Sway Control Methods Compared - Article
- Tuson Sway Control FAQ
Technical Service Bulletins
The Tuson Sway Control is compatible with:
Integrated Brake Controllers
- General Motors
- And Others
Aftermarket Trailer Brake Controllers
The TSC has been tested with various aftermarket brake controllers with out experiencing compatibility issues. This list is not exhaustive and if your brake controller is not listed, it may still work.
If you become aware of a compatibility issues with a specific brake controller, please call our technical support at 800-968-8766.